Photo of the Owens children by NZA Photography, www.nzaphotography.com. Shared with parent permission.
Second+ Time Around is a workshop for experienced parents who are preparing for the birth of a new baby.
The fine print: Second+ Time Around is an appropriate birth preparation workshop when *both* parents have previously attended the birth of their baby. If mom has given birth previously, but her partner has never attended a birth/this is his/her first baby, then an Empowered Birth class series is recommended. I find that couples get the most out of this workshop if they have had a baby within the last 3-5 years. If you’re interested in a natural birth this time around, we will talk about the mechanics of birth and comfort measures, but the workshop is not intended to replace a comprehensive class on preparing for natural birth. Questions about your circumstances? Feel free to contact me to chat.
This class is for parents who are in their second or third trimester. I recommend taking the workshop during the third trimester if at all possible.
- Your feelings about your current pregnancy
- Processing your last birth: what went well, what you would do differently
- Priorities, hopes and wishes for your new baby’s birth
- Stages of labor review; how they can differ for experienced mothers
- Labor basics: 6 ways to progress, hormones, pain theories
- Comfort measures for labor
- Postpartum mood disorders
- Preparing siblings for the new baby
- Preparing to become a family of 4+: logistics, expectations & transitions
Photo of the Owens children courtesy of NZA Photography. Photo shared with parent permission.